Who doesn’t like burgers ? Surprise your friends with vegan and delicious eco-friendly burgers made out pinto patties and let us know what you think about it!
Recreate this recipe yourself and send us a picture! We will repost your creations on our stories!
Also, we have good news for you, you could find some pinto beans in bulk at bulk barn 🙂 (don’t forget you mason jar tho!)
- 2 2/1 cup of cooked pinto beans
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 minced onion
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of wholewheat flour
- Oil (for frying)
I N S T R U C T I O N S
Optional step: COOKING DRIED BEANS, (you can buy some in cans already made and skip this part.) Let 2 1/2 cups of beans soak in 3cups of water overnight. Or, boil this for 2minutes and soak them for one hour, in the same water simmer them for 1hour or more.
- Mash the beans well with eggs, veggies and salt. Add flour slowly and mix throughly.
2. Form patties, they should be about 3″ diameter and thick.
3. Your patties will be sticky, so be careful when you fry them in hot oil! It should take 2-3minutes on each side.
4. Drain them, you should be able to make approximately 12 burgers with this recipe.
Tips! For variety you could twist them with spices like curry for example ! Let you creativity speak 😉