September is the start of not only school but cold weather. With that being said, who wouldn’t want a warm, gooey bechamel sauce to warm us up! This 5 minute dish is an easy staple when it comes to warm comfort food. Perfect for students exhausted from studying and on a budget!
We are so lucky to live in a province that has all 4 seasons. Why? BECAUSE we have different seasonal veggies! Today with the Bechamel sauce you can pair it with zucchini! Zucchini is a great September harvesting vegetable filled with Antioxidants and contributes to a healthy digestion
Let us show you how Chef Flore has created this dish!
- Almond Milk (600ml)
- Vegan Butter (50g)
- Flour (50g)
- Spices (salt, pepper, nutmeg)
- Zucchini (optional)
- Grab a small pot and whisk, on medium heat add vegan butter and let it melt until its liquid.
- Decrease the heat to low-medium. Add flour and whisk until it has thickened.
- Finally add almond milk and whisk until it is creamy and gooey! Add all the spices at the end. Feel free to add more or less nutmeg depending on your preference!
- * BONUS * For a meal dish, you can cut up 3 medium zucchinis in half an inch semi circles and transfer to a casserole dish. Poor the yummy bechamel sauce over and put in an oven for 20 mins at 450 degrees!
And now enjoy!