Carrot and Ginger Soup
The snow has fallen and the cold settles in. What now? That’s right SOUP! This healthy, belly warming soup is very easy to make! Today we are making carrot ginger soup, it that balances sweet and sour, while being vegan-free and dairy-free.
Carrots are not only meant to give you good eyes but also a good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1 and antioxidants.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 2lbs carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cinnamon and cumin
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add the onions, ginger and garlic for about 3 minutes, until onions become translucent.
2. Place the chopped carrots in the pot and stir. Cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add cinnamon and cumin and stir.
4. Add broth, bay leaf and salt to the pot. Bring to a boil, then cover and turn the heat to low for a simmer. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
5. Turn off heat and remove bay leaf.
6. Transfer soup into a blender and blend until it’s pureed and smooth. OR use a hand held blender until smooth.